Saturday, March 7, 2015

Color Theory With Wilna Furstenberg

I am taking a class over at Studio Calico from Wilna Furstenberg.  It started this week, but I have been in California again working, so I am just getting a chance to watch the videos and play along today.  (I should be cleaning, doing laundry, etc.... but that will all still be there).

I love Wilna's classes and she is always so generous giving out lots of pretty silhouette cut files to use.  That alone is worth the price of the class, but listening to her sweet voice (girl crush maybe?, You really need to hear her talk, it's awesome).  But I love her style too, so to have the chance to be taught how she creates is a true opportunity for me I do not want to miss. It is self paced but enrollment ends March 13th.



First Lesson is on Primary Colors and the technique is Impasto.  Here is my homework.  Of course I would pick red and do a cheer layout - rubies - duh!


Cuts are from the class, I grabbed some bits from Pink Paisley Solstice & Snap Life documented from my Gossamer Blue February kit.

Here is a close up on the Impasto on the love cut below.


This was such a super fun project!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment